Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I enjoy golf after losing the passion?

Golf used to be what I looked forward on the weekends and what I thought about all week. I was obsessed with the game, the equipment, practicing, playing. I could not get enough. But now when golf season comes I have the fire for a few weeks and then it's gone. I still love the game but now that the fire is gone I just want to enjoy it when I do play. Thanks.|||I hear ya. Sometimes we get so caught up in the game that we lose all focus of everything else and really that's not too healthy. Sometimes we discover that out by suddenly thinking about all the other things we should be taking care of or spending time doing, and golf seems to drift to a not so important priority. That's when we kind of pull back and take a break, get some things accomplished that are more meaningful and once we get our lives back in order we pick up the clubs again...generally this time with a little more self-control and moderation. It's all good, place and time, it will still be there.|||Change up your playing routine, play different clubs off of tees, play different tees, you need to challenge yourself more on the course I too lose the fire for the game sometimes so i change up the way I normally would play and try shots I know are crazy to make it fun, an I enjoy that. I learned you can play too much, so you need to take breaks from golf. Maybe you have some thing on your mind that hinders your enjoyment, find out what it is. You can always come back to playing golf.|||There are 2 types of golfers. Those obsessed with being a serious talented golfer and making it sometimes feel like work, and those who just go out to have a good time with friends/family/clients/etc. Which one are you? If you are so serious that it feels like work and you take the bad shots home with you at night, try on the other shoe. Line up a game with 3 of your best most fun friends who may or may not be good at all. Load up the cooler with beer, get some great cigars and learn how to laugh at the bad shots. I know it sounds strange but if you can't enjoy yourself and your not playing to make a living at it, why let it eat at you so badly? I hope it helps!|||I think it's natural for your interest in golf to change throughout your life. Sometimes other priorities make it seem less important. Only practice and play when you when you really want to. If your game slips a bit, that's okay, but once you get past the mental hurdle of not playing and practicing as much, you'll probably play better than you expect. There is no reason to play golf if you don't enjoy it.... Enjoy your friends, enjoy nature and enjoy your good shots. I've been down this same road and even though I still don't have time to make golf a priority, I think I am enjoying it more than ever.|||I have gone thru the same transformation. For me, I enjoy mountain biking and road biking much more now. Golf is an expensive sport and is very hard and unless you steadily get better, it loses its appeal quickly (unless you are there for the beer). I'd just stay away and wait until the bug hits you again, or join a league so you are forced to play every week which should improve your game.|||chance your style playing the golf, learn some tricks from the video then do it yourself.


Get some Inspiration from the top golfer like tiger wood to get the fire inside your. Just forget about the golf a while and have fun other stuff.





all the best CK|||As with anything, golf can become monotonous if you do the same things every time you play. If you play at the same course, with the same golf partner all the time, it become more of a routine and the spark soon goes out.





Try playing a different course every now and then. Try and find a group so you can play a four ball sometimes, as I personally find these very enjoyable, especially if you play in teams of two and make a competition of it, whether you just play for a round of drinks or a few dollars/pounds.





Also, have a lesson every now and then as this will give you more to think about with your golf swing again, and (if the pro' was good) you should see your game improve and this will also get your interest back.





Even buy yourself a new club if you can afford it. I know when ever i buy a new club i just can't wait to get out on the course to use it.





I think an important aspect is when you go to play golf, leave any other thoughts or problems you may have at home. Allow yourself the few hours on the course just to unwind, relax and concentrate 100% on the golf game.





Hope you can get the spark back again soon. It's an amazing game and can bring so much enjoyment to somebodies life.|||Get back to the basics and ensure you are playing well.


Don't put too much pressure on yourself to do well for the whole 18 holes.


Maybe break the game down into six lots of three holes or three lots of six and only concentrate on those holes at any one time.


Maybe try playing some different courses with different people, take in the beautiful surroundings and above all relax.


Golf to me is as much about being out and about on a beautiful course and enjoying the sunshine as it is about challenging yourself to do well in a competitive environment.


However, if you know you are relaxed enough to enjoy the day as well as play well by doing the basics right, it can't be all bad.


If in doubt, simplify.

No comments:

Post a Comment