Friday, September 23, 2011

What is more mentally demanding, for a proffessional to play golf? Or an elite running a Marathon?

I'm trying to see what the public opinion is. I've ran a few marathons myself and am very well aware of the not only the physical demands; but also the mental/psychological concentration that a marathoner needs to have in order to do well. I have very limited experience with Golf. But is it accurate to say that Golf has a more mental/psychological demand than running a Marathon? What is your opinion?|||Very good question. I've never run a marathon, but I did run cross-country in High School.


They are both mentally demanding, but in different ways.


In running, you are having a mental battle with yourself. You body is telling you to quit, but your mind has to convince yourself to keep going, despite the pain.


In golf, the mental stress is to block out distractions.





I've done both distance running and golf, I think I was more mentally drained after a competitive round of golf.|||Play golf is mentally demanding|||marathon i think is more demanding because u got to keep your self going and keep yourself from going to fast or to slow

No comments:

Post a Comment