Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do I offer to pay for the golf tournament?

I was invited by one of my customers to a golf tournament in couple of weeks as one of the four players. I accepted and am very excited to go! I talked to my boss and he wants me to pick up the tab for everything. How do I offer to pay? I know which country club it is but I don't know who is putting on the tournament.





I'm unsure of the correct etiqutte because I was invited by him. If I had invited him it would be easy.





Should I say something now or on the day of the tournament?|||Golf outings are a great way for groups to raise money. There's a good chance that your customer is putting together a foursome of people similar to you who he/she wants to get to know a little better and have a good time with. Call him/her up and tell him/her that when you spoke with your boss about the outing, your boss offered to sponsor your foursome. Your customer will probably be impressed that your boss is interested enough in him/her to sponsor the day, and it will help build your business relationship.





Of course, your client might already be looking to do the same thing. Perhaps if your client wants to pay for the foursome, you could get some information about the outing and there is something else your boss could sponsor: hole sponsorships, beer cart, all sorts of options. Golf outings are a lot of fun; don't be discouraged if your client wants to pay.|||explain to him that your boss is picking up the tab and call the country club to change the information.|||Just say "let me get that" or something like that.|||Find out if it is for a Charity.


A donation might be in order, and more appropriate.


Also, sometimes a gift for the person that invited you, like a box of golf balls would be a nice gesture of thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment