Friday, September 23, 2011

What is harder running or walking a golf course?

Okay, so my brother is in golf, and I'm in cross country so I'm used to running like 10miles a day. But my brother said that it's harder to walk a golf course than to run it. I know how it feels to run a golf course, because I've ran a 3mile golf course. But he swears that it's harder to walk it. Please, I need people to prove either one of us wrong. Which is harder to do?|||I run long distance for exercise/hobby and I golf (I always walk the course), so I've got both perspectives. It is most certainly harder to run a long distance than it is to walk a golf course, thats not really even a debate. However, it WOULD be unfair to say that walking a golf course is not strenuous or exercise, because it certainly is (particularly if you carry your own bag as well), but there is no question that long distance running is harder than walking a golf course





EDIT: in fact, lets do the math: lets just say an AVERAGE course plays 7000 yards for a nice round number. Thats 21,000 ft./5280 = 3.98 miles walked. Exercise? Absolutely, especially on a significantly elevation changing or hilly course. But not comparable to long distance running.

No comments:

Post a Comment