Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What do you need in order to play golf in Scotland or Ireland?

Do you need to have a handicap or proof of club membership? Also do most courses rent clubs? I am planning a golf vacation to either Scotland or Ireland and would like some help. I work in Afghanistan so I do not have clubs. So I am curious if I could rent clubs.|||Some courses rent clubs, some don't. I would suggest going online and emailing the courses you are interested in playing.|||Hi mate,


it's the same anywhere, do a quick search of the courses in the vacinity of where you will be staying, You should be able to find at least 4 or 5 and give them a call or an email asking what the requirements are. At the end of the day it depends on how well you play the game and how serious you take it, if you just want to get out on a course and enjoy the golf then there will be I'm sure plenty of courses offering open doors to members of the public, most will offer club,shoe and trolley hire for a reasonable amount plus your green fees.


Get out there and enjoy.


Good luck


regards


Gary|||Some will ask for proof of handicap some won't. If you wanted to play the Old Course you would need proof of handicap. I would guess that most courses would have clubs to hire, certainly the top ones. You just need to call to check these things out.


Make sure you have a set of good waterproofs.


And start practicing deep bunker shots and punch shots!!|||Just bring a lot of money. I just showed up at a lot of courses in Ireland and that's all they asked for.|||A good wind-coat/rain coat.


See American Ryder Cup Team 2010 for reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment