Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How should I get ready for college golf?

I am a Senior in high school from Minnesota. I have signed a deal to play golf at a program down in Arizona. I have heard that college golf is far harder than junior golf. What should I be practicing in order to make sure my game is ready? I have heard I should be working out, ive heard I should be working on my short game, and ive heard I should be trying to add yards





Notes: Handicap: +.1, Driver goes 295, short game is above average.|||The best advice I can give you is to contact the golf coach at college in Arizona.





1. He will appreciate your interest in bettering your game and this will make a good impression.





2. Any college coach worth his salt WILL have a written program already in place to help incoming players prepare. Often this isn't introduced to the incoming student until the Summer before admission. This is your chance to get a head start.





3. Explore the possibility to be able to check in with the coach or an assistant he names. Respect any limitations on contact that may exist within the governing bodies, but within that framework get as much help as you can. These are the people who are going to help shape your game for the next four years.





4. Stretch yourself in competition between now and then. Look for opportunities to play competitively against players above your level. Watch them, learn how to handle yourself on these 'bigger stages'. See where your game stacks up and where it falls short and work on that.|||i love preaching to the pope. if your drive is straight in the fairway just practice your rythm and routine set up. how's your long irons, and be perfect in your short game, and putting 50% of your score. i used to shoot 8, and i thought if i could get 30yds more from my drive i'd be able to lower my hdcp. nope it doesn't work like that, i got into that power mode and my score suffered soo much, shanks duffs i was too much of a man to cry but .. i had to re do my swing, slowing down my swing, conciously swinging my body and arms together, keeping my back leg stable, and swinging thru.|||You should do the things that will help improve your game. You should definitely start some sort of exercise regimen specific to golf. Here's a link providing such a workout: http://www.myfit.ca/fitnessprograms/view鈥?/a>





By no means have you mastered the game so continue to do the things that got you to a +.1 handicap.

No comments:

Post a Comment