Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What can I say to convince a golf course to let me use my own golf cart?

I live on a golf course and purchased a golf cart to use on it. When I called to ask if I have to pay a trail fee or something like it, they said they dont allow private carts. I know for a fact that other people on the course use their own carts. Do I have a right to do the same as others?|||If you approach them with respect and ask them their policy about private carts they will probably tell you. Like someone else said the other players could be grandfathered into being allowed to bring theirs. I would think long and hard about the advice to try and sneak it on the course.|||I would have looked into this before purchasing the cart. Perhaps there are some liabilities that they have to follow. If you feel others have private carts perhaps you should approach one of those guests and ask what steps they followed.|||Just do it anyway. It's probably what the other people do. Or they just say no as a disclaimer but never really enforce it. It's golf for Pete's sake. Who cares? If they tell you no then what are they going to do? Put you in jail?|||Not many courses allow private carts. Some courses had to grandfather in members who had always had carts. This may be the situation with the other members you've seen? I would let you use your own cart on my course if you paid the full cart fee each time you played.|||They want your cart rental $$$$ so they make rules against using your own- simple as that. If you think they are making 'double standards' and allowing others to use their carts, ask them before confronting the owner/operator of the course.





The only time I have heard of people using their own carts is on PRIVATE golf courses (private 'clubs').|||We have private carts at our club but we pay a $225 fee per year and sign a disclaimer. Make them an offer.|||I would just go in and pay the green fee without a cart, then just put the clubs on your cart and start playing; the most they can do at first is ask you to leave. If they do tell them you'll give them a couple hundred bucks a year to use it. If they say no and tell you to leave, tell them you want your money back. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment