Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is the best way to ship golf clubs?

I travel every winter and summer. What is the most cost effective way to ship it? I have a golf bag at both locations, so I don't need to ship my golf bag. Should I purchase a golf traveling bag and check it in at the airport, or use the postal service?|||Surely if you are travelling twice a year and paying for your clubs to be shipped every time would it not be better and cheaper in the long run to buy another set and keep a set at each location.





To Bob i dont see how its a bad answer where i am from in england to ship golf clubs to another destination via airport as you travel costs a minimum 拢20 each way depending on distance so if i travel twice a year thats a minimum 拢80 per year. Another set of clubs would cost about 拢500 so after 6 years i would be saving money every year after that.|||Hi there,





In my opinion, the cheapest way to transfer your golf clubs is by sea, but it would take a lot of time before the golf clubs arrive in the destination.


The fastest way is by the air but it would cost you more, depending on the destination.





If you are looking for the lesser cost but effective way to do it, I would suggest you deliver it by the sea but do it days earlier before the tournament or the game. By the time you arrived to your destination, your golf clubs are already there and enjoy tee times.|||I've traveled a lot, and I can't tell you how many times the airlines have lost or damaged my clubs (or delayed getting them to me). Even using a hardcase. And with "oversize bag surcharges" they're charging today, it's just not worth the hassle.





In recent years I've had wonderful luck, and service, by using FedEx or UPS (definitely not the US Postal Service) - they even have boxes specifically sized for shipping clubs (and complete golf bags) and offer door-to-door service. Nothing better than arriving at a destination and having my clubs already in my motel room waiting for me.





There are also some online golfclub deliver services now too, so you might want to check them out too (google search %26gt; "golfclub delivery services").|||To the answer above that is a terrible idea on so many levels it is not even funny.





You could buy a golf bag to travel with and a golf travel case. You could use either or Airport = risky Post = pricey. You should buy a bag to put in the travel case though so they don't rattle around during shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment