Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What degree golf club do you prefer for long drives?

Basically, what degree for a driver do you prefer at long drives (driving ranges)? I purchased a TaylorMade R580 with 8.5 degrees recently, but was wondering if that is too low? I am completely new to golf. I would love to hear some comments.|||I won't use anything higher than a 9.5. It puts the ball into the air, and you can get into trouble. 8.5 is not too low, just practice, and you should be able to control it even more with lower trajectory.|||That's not too low. It'll give you a nice low long drive. Great for a course that you don't have to deal with big hills on the fairway.|||8.5 is low for a beginner. I would go with something like a 10.5 and then work your way down to 9.5 then 8.5 as your skills progress.|||I've been golfing for over 20 years and a 8.5 degree driver is too low for me. I use a ten degree Adams Tight Lies driver and that is perfect. Newer golfers should use a ten degree or 10.5 degree driver at first, then work their way down to whatever they feel most comfortable with.|||Thats definetly too low...i agree with most others that you should start at 10, but your actual degree has to be fitted for best results

No comments:

Post a Comment